Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Zombieland The Movie

Last night I didn't have a whole lot to do, so I decided to actually sit down and watch a movie. (Okay, let me keep my blog posts honest... I had plenty I NEEDED to do, I just didn't care to do any of it.)

Anyway, I headed to the video store. First of all, I was amazed with the big deal that was being made of the release of the newest Twilight movie. They had a big flatscreen set up, with a few rows of seating. Of course they had refreshments ready to go as well. AND, they were even staying open until after midnight, since the movie could not be rented until 1201am. I have PLENTY of theories I could share about those movies and the huge following they seem to have, but I'll save that for later.

Since it was nearly 8pm, I knew the movie selection would be limited. As expected, I didn't see much. I did, however see the movie Zombieland. It has been out for a little while, but I always seem to walk past it. This time was no exception. I finally decided there was nothing I wanted to see. But, as I was leaving, the store employees struck up a conversation with me about the movies that are currently out. There was one employee in particular who seemed to have similar taste as mine. She recommended Zombieland. So, almost reluctantly, I rented it.



Zombieland

Let me just cut to the chase... I was actually entertained by it! It isn't exactly a "monster movie", or a "comedy", but something in between. The Zombieland cast includes Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin AND a surprise guest that I don't want to spoil for you.

Basically, the movie is set in present day. Due to a nasty virus, most of the World's population
has been turned into Zombies. It is pretty much a free-for-all zombie killing kind of movie.

It is guaranteed to make you want to do two things:

1. Eat a Twinkie (You'll just have to watch it to understand)

2. Shoot Zombies (This is how I will relate the post to firearms)

The Twinkie craving is simple enough to fix. But, Zombie shooting... not as easy. Fortunately, you CAN get Zombie Paper Targets at 2A Gear.

Zombie Paper TargetsNow, I'm not going to tell you that shooting these Zombie Paper Targets will be as adrenaline pumping as what you see in Zombieland. There won't be the blood and gore, and you will be relatively safe from being turned into a zombie yourself. But, the Zombie Targets are still fun to shoot.

So, be sure to check out Zombieland, and FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, buy some Zombie Targets!

- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment