Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Thinking about checking out the new Clash of the Titans remake? My daughter and I went to see it last night.

My daughter wasn't really excited to see it. But, I talked her into it. She ended up liking it. I suspect the Pegasus had something to do with that!

I also thought it was good. For the most part, the remake loosely follows the events of the 1981 original. Of course, the special effects have come a long way.

There was one thing about the film that REALLY frustrated me. I actually thought about this during the whole movie, but didn't say a word to my daughter. Then, during the final credits, my daughter leaned over to me and said, "this is the only part that is really in 3D". And she was right! Paying extra for the 3D version (which was our only choice at this theater) was a HUGE waste of money. But, I have noticed this with several films lately. As expensive as movies are, I really get irritated when we have to pay more for a 3D movie that barely shows any signs of being in 3D.

So, there it is.... my thoughts on Clash of the Titans... Go see it, but don't pay extra for the 3D version.

- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment